Sunday 13 February 2011

Revisiting the Preliminary Task.

Now that it has been a couple weeks since we filmed our preliminary task, I can now revisit it and see what specifically went well and what needs to be improved so I don’t make the same mistakes for my final productions. I think the mis-en-scene was particularly effective as it was an area we focused on strongly. Our location conveyed the plot successfully because it had naturally occurring mis-en-scene elements that helped to convey themes, for example we filmed near garages so there was graffiti on the doors of the garage which denoted a rough environment. Therefore, we are filming our final production in an environment that the character would actually live in: a family home. In addition to this mis-en-scene would already be established to create verisimilitude, the only other props we would have to include would be ones used in the plot line and ones which give information about character. However, my use of jump cuts was not relevant to the story and therefore it was not used successfully. Furthering this, to avoid it happening again we will film more scenes and use cut on action. Also, I didn’t use music in my title sequence when it could have been used to emphasise genre and themes. So to avoid this, I will experiment with music on the software “Garage Band.” Lighting was not a factor that I focused on and this weakened my preliminary task, to include it in the title sequence I will film at specific times of the day and use extra artificial light when needed. The task had bad composition and so to avoid this I will follow the storyboard accurately.

No comments:

Post a Comment